Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's been a loooong month!

Well what can I say really, it's been a horrible month. Let's recap the month,


1. I found out my 2 most trusted family members have been keeping a huge secret from me for nearly 2 years. This horrible secret has evolved into something purely evil. Had I known I could have prevented the worst part of it. Sadly this has changed my relationship dramatically with both people involved :-(

2. It has rained most of the month, ruining my tomato's and corn.


3. I made lovely delicious salsa but stupidly didn't wear gloves when chopping the jalapenos. My hand were on fire for hours, I'll never make that mistake again. Soaking in expensive Rum fixed me right up, hurray for the internet.

4. It's been over 2 weeks since I found out about number 1 and I'm still very sad and hurt.

5. My new SUV that I just bought in January has a slipping transmission and a loud knocking coming from the engine, as I type this it's in the shop and since I live in the woods I'm stuck here until they fix it.


6. I hate seeing clean SUV's on the road cause it makes me think they would be better off with a fuel efficient car. I wish I could buy a fuel efficient car, but it would never make it up my road and I can't walk a mile with my groceries. Well I could but that would really suck. My car is always dirty.


7. I'm putting in a wood furnace because oil is nearly $4 a gallon. I just found out the chimney will cost almost as much as the furnace. But on the bright side that will still be less than oil. I get the wood free right from my own backyard, yay. I have about a cord already sitting out there, only 4 more to cut.


8. I bought one of those rolling carts for my kitchen. I got a huge one with a granite top, it's lovely and perfect. But, it had 2 damaged pieces. So I called the company and they promptly sent out the replacements, in the wrong color LOL! So I called today and the new ones will be here next week, hopefully in the right color.


9. My weed whacker won't start and I hit a rock with the mower and damaged the blade. My yard is starting to look like wild kingdom. I know how to fix both machines but am being very lazy about it.

Enough of my whining here are some photo's to finish this off.



This is the Fat Quarter Shops Designer BOM block number 3.
















Jurassic sunflower.



My latest project all cut and ready to sew, a Halloween throw.




Come back tomorrow to see a few finished blocks,

Anna

No comments: